Abu Sayyaf owns up to Davao blast, warns of more attacks



The Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) has claimed responsibility for the blast in Davao City which left 14 dead and more than 60 wounded on Friday evening. ASG spokesperson Abu Rami said the Davao attack is a "call for unity to all mujahideen in the country" amid the all-out offensive of the military against the group. Rami said that the attack in Davao City is not part of a tactic to divert the attention of government forces who have been pursuing the bandits in Sulu and Basilan. He warned that similar attacks should be expected in the coming days. President Rodrigo Duterte earlier this week ordered intensified operations to finish off the 400-strong terror group, following the death of 15 soldiers in a clash in Patikul, Sulu. After the explosion in Davao, Duterte also declared a "state of lawlessness," where he will "invite uniformed personnel to run the country." The military and the Philippine National Police earlier dismissed circulating text messages about an imminent attack.


Share it on Facebook





share us your thoughts by leaving some comments below.

Share it on Facebook

Source: GMA News and Public Affairs,theviralnewsph
SHARE

Renato S Lugto Jr

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Loading...
Sharing Is Awesome. Make Your Visit Count


Share it on Facebook


×
blogger
Thanks a Lot!